ionCORE Plasma Light Engine
The ionCORE plasma light engine utilises Ceravision’s patented Quartz RF luminaire technology along with ultra-reliable magnetrons.
With a compact and versatile form factor and the ability to change the combination of materials in the discharge chamber, ionCORE™ can create specific spectral power distributions to meet highly specific lighting needs. The small light source can be accurately and reproducibly positioned in a precisely designed optical environment to deliver as much light as possible to a target area.
HEP Plasma Point Source Light
The plasma light point source is a single identifiable localised source 10mm diameter and 20mm length, the size of the end of a little finger. There are three main benefits of single point source lighting:
- Compact point-source lamps support the design of efficient compact luminaires;
- Shadows are well defined; the obstruction of the light occurs over a small angle; with little change in viewing position; this means that shadows cast have sharply defined boundaries;
- Directional strength;this enables optically efficient reflector to be designed to precisely and efficiently redirect that light to achieve nearly any desired distribution of light such as a wide grow-light reflectors suitable for large growing areas, or a narrow reflectors for narrow growing tables.
Lamp Doses Tailored to Suit Applications
Lamp doses can be accurately specified, which for example in horticulture and Agri-Tech applications can be crop specific. Our scientists are able to optimise HEP’s variables of dose, spectra, power, reflector materials and optics, to deliver light that economically enhances crop production efficiencies and yields and to really add value.
This ability to design tailored spectra could help scientists create designer plants as raw materials for innovative new medicines without genetic modification or chemical usage.
Ceravision’s first generation grow light offers a ‘blue-light’ spectrum with UV-A and UV-B light using a patented chemical dose. This plasma grow-light offers technical and commercial advantages compaed with other grow-light technologies:
- Spectral light output with UV-A light and UV-B ligh that influences plant physiology
- Materials can be economically tailored to create spectra for particular crops
- Excellent illuminance so that light penetrates plant canopies more than fluorescent and LEDs
- High lumen maintenance compared to HID or HPS
- Small high intensity light source minimises luminaire shadowing
- More energy efficient than HID grow-lights.
Light is now a value added utility in many sectors. Offering a wide spectral range and energy efficiency, Ceravision's HEP lighting technology has the flexibility to offer economic solutions in high value global markets.
HEP Plasma Lighting Technology
HEP Plasma lighting is perfect for horticulture grow-lighting, where it delivers UV-A and UV-B light; and with its flexible spectral outputs and efficiency it offers solutions across a range of applications.
Ceravision maintains an extensive Intellectual Property (“IP”) portfolio comprising Patents, Trade Marks and Design Rights.